Responsible for three of Whistler's 2010 Olympic & Paralympic Winter Games Venues: the Whistler Sliding Centre, Whistler Olympic Park, and the Whistler Athletes' Centre.
The Whistler Athletes’ Centre (WAC), located in the scenic Cheakamus Valley, offers two unique accommodation options, an Athletes’ Lodge and Athletes’ Townhomes, as well a High Performace Training Centre. These stunning properties are bordered by the Cheakamus River and forested lands, and were designed to qualify as a Gold Level certification under the new LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Neighbourhood Development rating system.
The 80 room Athletes’ Lodge and the 3 Athletes’ Townhomes provide a total accommodation capacity of 172 beds; ideal for accommodating team training camps and competition events, any time of the year. All three of the 2-bedroom Townhomes have fully equipped kitchens, and the Lodge has a 65 seat self serve kitchen, exclusive for guest use. The WAC is proud to offer a large number of fully accessible rooms and washrooms in the Athletes’ Lodge.
Affordable accommodation in a spectacular setting.
As a carded athlete/coach, a member of an educational organization, or an arts & culture group, you too can enjoy this 2010 Olympic Winter Games legacy!
The Athletes’ Lodge offers cozy standard rooms for short term rental and provides free designated parking as well as access to storage facilities. The Athletes’ Lodge room amenities include:
- 2 extra large twin beds
- free wireless access in the entire Lodge
- 2 storage closets
- bathroom located just outside your room (shared between 2 rooms)
- fully accessible (rooms and bathrooms)
The Dream Kitchen
Our latest addition to the Whistler Athletes' Centre Lodge is the 70 seat self-serve kitchen. Designed with open concept in mind the space allows for flexibility of use dependent on your individual needs. The Kitchen amenities include:
- Seating area for 70 people
- Open concept layout
- Three cooking stations, each with industrial oven and 6 gas burners
- Fridge storage
- Freezer storage
- Dry storage
- Commercial dishwasher
- 2-12 cup industrial coffee makers
- Small wares (plates, cutlery, glasses, etc...)
- Cooking aids (pots, pans, knives, measuring bowls, etc...)
Please contact us or call us at 604-964-0052 for pricing and availability.
Experience an Olympic legacy.
The Athletes’ Townhomes are configured into 2-bedroom properties. These townhomes are comfortable, fully furnished, and are a perfect home away from home. Townhome amenities include:
- 2 extra large single beds per bedroom
- bed side tables
- desk and chair
- closet and armoire storage spaces
- dining table and chairs
- coffee table
- side table
- loveseat couch
- refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, cookware, servingware
- designated parking
Please note that the townhomes are also available for lease under terms of 1 year to athletes wanting to live, work and train in Whistler full time.
High Performance Training Centre
The focal point of the Whistler Athletes' Centre.
The High Performance Centre (HPC) is the focal point of the complex. The building is fully accessible, including features such as accessible washrooms/showers and an elevator enabling access to the 2nd floor. Features of the complex include:
- 4,000 square foot strength and conditioning gym
- 5,000 square foot gymnastics hall
- recovery and regeneration rooms
- change rooms with shower facilities
- a testing room
- rental offices
- 1300 sq. ft. multi purpose room